Given how difficult it is for me to get anything decent on the table for dinner, I've decided to enlist my fellow blogging friends for a little recipe roulette. Today I'm posting a recipe that I've made quite often and I think it's an easy way to serve something that sounds like a lot of work but is actually quite easy. During this course of the week, my friends will offer up their own quick and easy meals. Hopefully, at the end of it we'll all have a new set of meals to try out on our own. (Any readers who would also like to join in can let me know and we'll link to your blog or post it here also.)
Today's Recipe: Asparagus Quiche.
Granted, you've got to like asparagus to enjoy this meal, but if you don't like asparagus, I suspect you could substitute mushrooms or peppers or broccoli. I've never tried it, but I've got a hunch it would work. My mother gave me this recipe and I don't know where she originally acquired it.
Ingredients:
1/2 or 3/4 Bunch of Asparagus (depends how asparagus-y you like it)
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
4 eggs
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
1 frozen pie shell
Directions:
Cut off ends of asparagus and chop into 1 inch pieces. Boil for 5 minutes.
Drain asparagus and place in pie shell.
Combine shredded swiss and parmesan cheeses together. Place cheese on top of asparagus.
Combine 4 eggs, cream and milk.
Pour egg/cream mixture into pie shell.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes. Keep an eye on it. You want it to be golden on top, but not too browned because it starts to get a little tough if it gets too brown.
Serve with bread or a bag salad.

Tomorrow I will link to another person's recipe. Check back.
1 comment:
Great idea! If I can think on anything easy, I'll contribute.
Post a Comment